Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

My attempt

I am going to be honest, I tried to do this assignment and failed Friday night. People kept texting me to meet up and in the early evening, I was good about calling them back instead of texting. While I tried to resist opening up social media, I opened up Facebook to figure out my weekend plans because I got a notification about a party (without realizing right away). I kept trying to resist social media, but found it extra difficult because apps like Snapchat notify you, which makes you want to check it. Being without my phone was rough for this weekend especially because I had a lot of friends visiting from out of town. There are a ton of different distractions from social media sites, but they are convenient for organizing events and staying in the loop. The notifications are extra distracting especially when it is so routine for me to open them right away. This makes me realize how much I rely on my phone and how much we rely on social media to stay in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment