Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Computer Programme

I know I am late and I apologize but I wanted to make sure I got this assignment up.  I choose to watch an episode from a BBC series called “The Computer Programme”.  Although it was originally recorded in 1982, I think it still has a lot of applicable information about today’s society.  One of the points the host makes is that computers can be found in almost everything we use.  Whether it’s our thermostats, microwaves, ovens, cellphones, or even our toasters, computers are all around us.  Computers control many aspects of our day-to-day lives whether we realize it or not.  They also showed a brief clip of some early computer programming.  It’s amazing to see how far we've come, from the simplified tasks they were programming machines to do then, to the complex operations we can program them to do now.  They finished the show by introducing one of the world’s first silicon chips.  Again, it’s flabbergasting to think that 35 years ago we didn't even have the technology that today is a core component of our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment