Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Second Machine Age


After searching through many books, three that I found that interested me were: The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload, The Information Society: A study of Continuity and Change, and the one I chose to do, The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies. I was genuinely interested in all of these books but I chose The Second Machine Age because it had the most reviews, and seemed to receive the best reviews out of all of the books. The amount of positive feedback this book has received after only being published seven months ago was a sign that I should look into this book more. I also find technology to be really interesting and this book seems like it will only further my knowledge on it. (The book is also sold for a price significantly lower than the other books, which helps.) I found a helpful review on the New York times that gives a good idea of what this book is about. The link is below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/opinion/sunday/friedman-if-i-had-a-hammer.html?_r=0



1 comment:

  1. Matt, i am excited to see how your project comes out. your book title sounds very interesting and from what you've said it seems like it has received a lot of good press. The review of the book also makes it sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete