Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

How Google Works

I chose the book How Google Works by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg. The three books I researched were all based around the topics of the internet and society. I wanted to choose books that analyzed how the internet has changed our lives and how it will continue to. I chose 

Spreadable Media: Creating Value and Meaning in a Networked Culture (Postmillennial Pop), The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution, and How Google Works. Each of these books dealt with interesting aspects of the internet and it's influence.

            Ultimately, I decided on the book, How Google Works, for the business insight as well as the technological insight. I am interested in the internet's, especially Google's take on technology and consumerism because they are a powerhouse in the industry. I was also considering the book about the Digital Revolution, but decided that it would be more interesting reading a specific topic, rather than reading an overview of many different general topics. It has gotten great reviews and was recently released this year, so it seemed like the best choice. It was also more popular than the other ones in Amazon, and it was still relatively well known in the other book sites (even though it was recently published). No academic scholar has reviewed these books on the databases, but I assume it is because it was first available September 23rd. The individual reviews, however, were very positive.




No comments:

Post a Comment