Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Searching Myself

     The first thing I did when googling for information about me was look at information for the 2010 census about my hometown. In doing this I learned that the area I am from is even less diverse than I thought being that 97% of people in my home town are Caucasian. I also learned that around 25% percent of my hometown makes $30,000 a year or less this figure really surprised me because I would not consider my hometown a low income area.
      Then I went on to start googling my name and things about me. When I googled Tim Edquist the first three results were Facebook. This did not surprise me or worry me because my Facebook is set on private so all that anyone would be able to see would be my profile picture and cover picture. After them three results, the next few had nothing to do with me but then on the next page there were a few more about me they were all either a newspaper article from when I drove a tractor to school or scores from wrestling meets I was in. Then I searched myself on google images. I did not find much besides pictures of when I drove the tractor to school. Lastly I googled my email address the only thing google found for that search was that I am a part of the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity. So overall I am happy who I look like I am on the internet there is nothing that I found that I would be worried future employers might see.

No comments:

Post a Comment