Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Hatching Twitter

        I knew for sure I wanted to choose a book that focused on newer technology. I decided to type in to amazon the keywords "online," "Facebook," and "Twitter." With those search results I ended up choosing "Everything I ever Needed to Know about Economics I Learned from Online Dating," "Identity Problems in the Facebook Era," and "Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship and Betrayal." In the end, I chose "Hatching Twitter."
        Right from the get go "Hatching Twitter" had caught my eye not only by the brief summary on amazon, but also by the awesome cover art. I was relieved to discover that this was a New York Times bestseller, so therefore there were many libraries carrying the book, a solid amount of google reviews, and a fair amount of book reviews (unlike the other potential choices which seemed to lack greatly in those categories). Overall the book reviews describe a book that not only describes how Twitter came to be, but also presents some background shenanigans that happened behind the scenes, almost "The Wolf of Wall Street"-esque which immediately captured my attention. On top of all of that I can get the book for $1.99 (with like $4 shipping, but still...)!!!!
        Overall, I am very excited to start this book and read something I am actually genuinely interested in!

Reviews
http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/docview/1450000384
http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/docview/1448406577/fulltextPDF?accountid=465


1 comment:

  1. Your book looks very interesting, not only in the cover art or title, but mainly the writing possibilities that come from it. It looks very similar to the book I am doing, which is on social media critiques. I feel that there are many arguments that could be made for or against social media networks, which is why your book and my book are great.
    P.S. cover art looks like "The Fault in Our Stars" cover to me
    P.S.S Not sure how I know or thought about this

    ReplyDelete