Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens

When I did my original search for books on Amazon.com, I entered the keyword “social network.” This led me to selecting Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives, Connecting to Change the World: Harnessing the Power of Networks for Social Impact, and It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens. I recorded how many reviews each of these books had on Amazon.com, then researched them on WorldCat. The first two books were available at less than one hundred libraries, while the third book was availale at over 1500 libraries. I then went to Google Books, and found that the first two books had zero reviews while the third had ninety three. The final site I went to was LibaryThing, where I found that It’s Complicated had the most readers, with 118 members.

Once I had chosen It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens, I went onto ProQuest to find reviews of this book. From reading these pieces, it seems that the book was generally received in a positive light and the author did extensive research to prove her main argument. I look forward to reading it and reviewing it myself!



Reviews

Quart, A. (2014, Apr 27). Status update. New York Times Book Review, , 25-BR.25. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/docview/1519067048?accountid=465

Docksai, R. (2014). Teens and social media: Debunking the myths. The Futurist, 48(5), 58-59. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/docview/1551324492?accountid=465




1 comment:

  1. awesome choice for a book that definitely looks really interesting. have fun reading it

    ReplyDelete