Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation

The three books I initially began to research were: Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a GenerationThe Instagram Book: Inside The Online Photography Revolution, and Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google?: Trick Questions, Zen-like Riddles, Insanely Difficult Puzzles, and Other Devious Interviewing Techniques You ... Know to Get a Job Anywhere in the New Economy.  I found these books on Amazon by searching Instagram, video games, and Google.  These books were not the most interesting looking to me but fit the requirement of being published in the last two years and looked semi-interesting.  I ultimately chose Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and Battle that Defined a Generation.  After going through Google books, Library thing, and ProQuest this book had the most reviews and information that I could use for my disposal.  This book also seemed like it would be the most interesting book to use for my final project.  I hope that ultimately I made the correct choice and this book is actually interesting.

Works Cited:
Thoreson, Bridget. "Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation." The Booklist 110.18 (2014): 6. ProQuest. Web. 14 Oct. 2014.

"Nonfiction Reviews." Publishers Weekly 261.16 (2014)ProQuest. Web. 14 Oct. 2014.


2 comments:

  1. This book sounds fairly interesting especially because I remember kids arguing about which was better. I can not wait to see how it relates to the information society

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the fact that it had to be published within the last 2 years limited our choices, however I see how it will help us out in the long run as it will be up to date technology-wise. I hope you enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete