Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Jay's Fashionably Late Intro


Howdy everyone, Jay here. Now that we're nearly three weeks into the semester (and I've figured out Blogger), I figure it's high time I introduced myself.

I'm a Junior here at UW, studying Logistics (in the Applied Economics School). Long story short, Logistics is how we get goods & resources from where they are produced to where they are needed. Citrus from an orchard in Florida up to the grocery store in Madison. Graphite mined in China, into a Japanese pencil-factory, then shipped across the ocean for a back-to-school sale in a local Kansas Wal-Mart. I'm sure you get the idea.

I was born & raised in a small Tennessee small town, and have a younger brother named Erik.

Over the summertime, I work as an independent truck-driver. I haul agricultural products across North Dakota.

I geek out about: chess, economics, longboarding, and cooking. Making Pho for the first time next weekend. Wish me luck.

Music that I'm into right now: C2C, Teddybears, Bob Dylan, Citizen Cope, Moby, The White Stripes.

That's enough about me, keep it real Section307, see you Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment