Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Ever Blog Post

Hello, DIS 307 homies! My name is Kevin Nguyen and I am a junior in the Department of Chemical Engineering. I am from a small city just outside of New Orleans, Louisiana, but I usually just say I am from New Orleans because who cares. I have a 13 year-old brother, named David, and the cutest little sister, whom I call Mimi. I love the sun and I love to exercise, so Madison isn’t the best place for me to be during the winter. I love movies and popular television. One of my favorite movies is Pulp Fiction, mainly because the Travolta-Thurman dance scene. And I cannot wait for the next season of Game of Thrones because it is an amazing show, even though I am only on Book Two.
I am ready and excited to start my third year at this amazing school. I haven’t taken a class that has really made me write or think like this class will because I usually have to take STEM classes. So hopefully this class will not hurt me too much. I am excited to improve my communication skills and explore the vastness that is “the Information Society”.
            Over the summer, I attended HangoutFest 2014, which is a music festival on a sunny beach in Florida. I stayed at my friend’s beachside condo and we partied like no other. I got to see artists like Outkast, the Killers, and Bastille. It was a really fun time and I hope to be able to do it again. After Hangout, I stayed home and kept myself busy until I had to come back to Madison for a couple of summer courses I enrolled for, Chem 345 and CBE 255. They kept me busy for the summer and I passed, so that’s what really counts.

I got the chance to see Chicago with my family after my courses were over and I have to say that Chicago is quite the beautiful city and would be a great place to live after graduation. That is all I have the need to say right now, so this is Kevin signing off and I am excited to see what this class is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment