Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

If Mirrors Could Speak

I chose the film "If Mirrors Could Speak-Self Image Film" for my topic. This film portrayed three young children who were seen as "clowns" by their peers because of the way they acted. These kids couldn't tell how they were acting until they looked at themselves in a mirror and realized how other people viewed them. It sort of seemed like this film related to control because the mirror was telling the kids how they should act towards other people or the "right way" to act towards other people. Two of the three kids realized how they were acting and changed themselves for the better but one kid fails to realize how he's acting and remains a "clown". I feel like this can relate to to our modern information infrastructure because everybody has times when they think they're not acting a certain way, but other people perceive them differently. For instance, I get told I'm a serious person alot, but I don't realize it. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but the idea is the same. Everyone is different, you simply can't control how people act, but you can let them know, because a lot of the time people don't realize it. Although this film didn't have a main theme that relates to the control revolution, I think the idea of try to control of people should behave does, and it is something that people still try to do today.

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting way of thinking about the video. I'm not sure if I would have thought of the mirror in that way so that was some nice analysis of the video. I agree that the students were acting as if they were "clowns" and had to conform to society. I was thinking more so that they had to learn self-control but the mirror is a much better explanation for the control that boys gained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://archive.org/details/self_image_film

    sorry forgot to post the link

    ReplyDelete