Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mom vs. Dad with Technology

                    After a long conference call about technology with my parents, I've come to the conclusion that they are clueless. My mother, who is the best stay at home mom I could ask for, just received her first Iphone. She has had it for about a month, and still has not taken it out of the box. She's "scared". She has a huge droid right now that can be underwater for a day and still work. She always is dropping things with her butterfingers so I can see how she would worry about how long this Iphone will last.                  
                  My dad on the other hand says in his career he is constantly on his tablet size phone, checking emails, weather, news, etc. He is pretty up to date with his technology, but still has old habits. He said that his younger staff makes fun of him for how he types on his keyboard. He uses his pointer fingers instead of all of his fingers. His excuse is "I never learned how to correctly right on a computer. Now a days they have kindergarten classes making kids become pros". Overall I think they have a lot of improving to do, and if they don't, they could be behind in many different ways. Technology makes thinks faster and easier, but if you don't know how to use them properly they are the complete opposite, a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment